Monday, October 6, 2014

this mess was yours, now your mess is Mine


Today was one of those days.

Yeah. You know what I mean. Like the type of day when the snooze button is calling your name, but you know you have to get out of bed. The type of day when you feel like it's nearly impossible to measure up. The type of day when you feel like everyone has someone except for you and you just feel like laying down on the couch with a glass of sparkling grape juice while T Swift plays (lol).

For me, today was exactly that kind of day.

I felt like I had this mess that was growing into a large pile. Like the kind of clothes pile that overtakes your room until the floor is buried deep beneath it, nowhere to be seen. I felt like I couldn't think straight because that messy pile just kept on growing and growing, until someone told me that they'd take my mess for me. And that person was Vance Joy.

You're probably wondering who that is- honestly I was too until today. Vance Joy is an extremely talented singer/songwriter, and early this morning, I decided to check out his album. I highly recommend it by the way . But the second song on the album is called "Mess is Mine". The chorus of that song ends with the line: this mess was yours, now this mess is mine. 
(the album is located on the right side of the page, if you'd like to listen too!) When I heard that, I blocked out the rest of the song and whatever it was written about, and solely focused on that line. I played it over and over again and after awhile, it wasn't Vance Joy's voice that I heard singing anymore- it was the voice of Jesus.

Today Jesus saw the mess that was clouding my vision, that was taking over every bare corner of my life, and He wanted to take that away. He wanted to breathe life back into me. No one forced Him to do that, but He delightedly did it anyways because He has the greatest love for me.

If today is one of those days for you, or tomorrow is, or the next day, or the one after that- Jesus wants to take your mess too. He would love to do that for you. He has the greatest love for you too! No matter the size, no matter the circumstances, Jesus wants us to unclench our fists, revealing open palms, so that a transfer is made- so that the mess that was ours becomes His. All we have to do is let Him take it.





No comments:

Post a Comment